Monday, September 27, 2010

Fall Festival

Saturday was our town's annual Fall Festival in the park. I decided to set up a table for SSV just to get our name out in the community more. The response was better than I could have hoped for. I had so many women (and a couple men) come up to me and share stories of their losses or tell me how their friend or daughter had lost a child. I was able to share what SSV is all about and we already have a few women who are definitely planning to attend our next support meeting.
Bear was a perfect helper. He got to see lots of people and when he got tired he just rested under my table.
And then....we took Bear on his first train ride!!!!
I wasn't sure if Bear would even notice he was on a train and I figured he'd sleep through the whole ride, but boy, did he prove Mommy wrong!
He was absolutely fascinated and stared out the window in awe the entire ride. Our ride was well over an hour long.
What a fun and productive day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. I love reading them!