Sunday, December 12, 2010

Yesterday we had a very low-key day. Bear and I stayed in our PJ's all day, in fact. I made cookies, got most of our Christmas cards ready to be mailed, and cleaned the house. Bear took a 2+ hour nap (I was shocked!). In his crib, no less! (Usually the only time he naps for that long is if he's in the car or falls asleep in my arms and I decide to let him stay there.) And the real huge news on the sleep front: Bear is now able to go to sleep in his crib all on his own. I nurse him, rcok him, then say goodnight and put him in his bed. He might fuss for a minute, then he'll play for a few and then put his head down and conk out. This is so nice! Don't get me wrong--I love rocking him to sleep, which I always have done, but I also love that our nighttime and night-waking routine is no longer totally dependent on it.

We have had a very busy, fun Sunday. For starters, Auntie E is in town! YAY!!!
Bear and I went to church, then to our church womens' Cookie Exchange party (which happens to be held at Nana's!).Nana once again outdid herself with the food.


This afternoon I went to a shower for my friend Jill, who is expecting Baby Carly in January. (This is Jill, but she is holding our other friend, Maggie's baby.)
And our day is not over yet. We are all heading back to my parents' to celebrate Pop-Pop's birthday. (Happy Birthday, Dad!!!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a comment. I love reading them!